Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dog Shampoo Lasts Forever! Well, Kinda ...

Many years ago I became frustrated with getting dog shampoo out of my Corgi-mix's thick fur.  Then it dawned on me to dilute it in a cup of water.  Then it didn't break down very well, but it helped.  Then one day I had a moment of dog shampoo clarity after emptying a container of dishwashing liquid.

Since about 2003 I have had a large dishwashing liquid bottle that I marked with a Sharpee "Dog Shampoo" and I keep it in the doggie bathroom.  I fill the bottle with water about 2/3 of the way full and fill the rest with dog shampoo.  I am able to squirt the shampoo directly onto my dogs and work it through their fur and it rinses out so easily since it isn't so thick!

It also helps to make your dog shampoo last a whole lot longer.

What pet bath tips do you find helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment