Monday, May 20, 2013

Nail Polish That Stays! ~ Updated


For years and years my soft nails have had a love hate relationship with nail polish.  I stopped spending money on artificial nails several years ago and would find myself trying to polish nails the day of an event and praying they would last the night.
COVERGIRL outlast Stay Brilliant
155 after 6 days of wear

I've personally found that using the Revlon MultiCare Base & Top Coat as my base coat, then two coats of any nail polish that isn't old, and then using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as the top coat is wonderful for me!  I also add another top coat every two days and my polish stays on for a week or more very easily.

What are your favorite nail products and why?

BLOG UPDATE 5/20/13

This is from my friend, Carole, on May 14.  "We talked about that base coat and how fantastic it is. I just not polished my nails. Well, obviously, because I haven't even cleaned up around the edges yet. This is day-1. We shall see how long this manicure lasts. I used my Orly Bonder Base Coat and 2 coats of Nina Ultra Pro nail polish in "Mariachi." Some chicks collect shoes. I collect nail polish. lol. Anyway, the experiment begins now! :D" 

This is from my friend, Carole, on May 20.  "Okay, here's my evidence that this bonding base coat is the shizz. I used it one week ago, put on two coats of polish, and all I've done since then is add a shiny top coat a couple of times. The only wear that I can see is on the very, very tip ends, and that's probably because I sit here all day banging on my keyboard."



Carole also has two blogs.  Irrational Propensity and House Hugger!  


5 comments:

  1. ORLY Bonder Basecoat. Awesome stuff. I also use speedy dry stuff as a top coat. When I use the bonder basecoat, it seems like I don't even need to use a for-real "top coat" top coat. Just something shiny on top, freshened up every 2-3 days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out.

      Delete
  2. Would you look at that! My only real problem now is that I'm getting bored with the color and want to change it! :-)

    ReplyDelete