Friday, May 3, 2013

Allergies - When Store Brands Rule!

Just when I thought I really had a great allergy medicine replacement, my sister-in-law comes to show me up again!
AllerClear is the Alavert Equivalent.
The Up & Up is Target's Benadryl Equivalent

I have allergies and have managed my allergies for years and years with various medications.  My aunt told me once that the only thing that worked for her was Alavert.  So, I tried it and it was great for me.  It was like I had finally found the fountain of youth in an allergy medicine.  Maybe youth isn't a good word, but I can edit this later.

Then Target made their store brand of Alavert available and I was once again in allergy medicine heaven!  I enjoyed this discounted version for a couple of years until this year when they suddenly were either all sold out or just became unavailable.  That row is always empty every time I go.

I was talking to my sister-in-law about it and she told me that my brother found a store version at Costco.  Well, I don't have a Costco card, but that started me researching.  I took the ingredient and milligrams and did a Google search.  In my case it was Loratadine 10mg (the ingredient in Alavert).

I was able to order 365 tables of the same ingredient, same milligrams, same effectiveness for the same amount as a 30 day supply of Alavert.  Are you kidding me?  Sign me up!  In my case I ordered it from Amazon.com and the brand name is Kirkland's AllerClear.

What are some of your great finds?

2 comments:

  1. Funny, Kirkland's is the Costco brand!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I found what I needed on Amazon.com and ordered it. I had it within 2 days, I think. :)

      Delete