Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fitted Sheet Expert

For years I have wondered why people make comments about trying to fold their bed sheets.  Mom always had a shelf full of sheets and I never understood why.

Granted, I am overly simple and not one for frills or fanfare, but I've got this one figured out.  I have two sets of sheets; one for summer and flannel for winter. 

During the summer I take my sheets off the bed, wash them, and put them back on the bed.  I can only use one set of sheets at a time so why do I need more than one set?

When the seasons change I switch out the set, throw it in the wash and cram the other set back in my closet.  I just like it this way. 

What do you find humorous about the domesticated human?

7 comments:

  1. See, I thought you were going to talk about folding fitted sheets. Cuz I got that one NAILED, baby. I have mad fitted sheet folding skilz. I also have approximately 50 pillow cases, and that's after throwing away probably 100. That's a long story. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I should ever have a pillow case emergency I know who to call. Hahaha! Some things I've oversimplified in my life to the point of being ridiculous. :)

      Delete
    2. We'll have to discuss how all of those pillowcases came to live in my house over drinks one night. When I said that I threw away probably 100 of them, that was only ONE of the times I threw away a garbage bag full.

      Delete
  2. A to the men!!! I also only have like two more bath towels than I have bodies in my house too. Linens are not my thing. Kitchen gadgets are where it's at. (Hides my overflowing kitchen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I might have two more towels than you have with maybe two weeks worth of wash cloths. Pray that my washer or dryer never fail me. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm also guilty of bath towel overload. Silvery gray ones, red ones, blue ones, coral ones, and of course my all-time favorite WHITE. I would have everything white if'n I could. I'm also fond of white cotton rugs. I can throw them in the wash and they come out sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised you haven't blogged about using pillow cases as flooring. hehehe

      Delete