Friday, May 24, 2013

McDonald's Just Schooled Me!

Did you know that the pricing is different between McDonald's restaurants depending on who they are owned by?  This is probably true with other fast food and chain restaurants, but here's what happened.  I also want to add that I expect pricing to be different geographically based on cost of living in that area, but not a mile away.

I went to the McDonalds nearest me and ordered a salad and small fry.  Don't judge.  When I got to window number two to retrieve my food they told me they were out of dressing.  What?  Out of dressing?  How the heck?  Okay, so I just asked for my money back because that's what I wanted.  I had to pull over so they could give me cash back since I paid with my debit card.  Okay, fine, but they took my receipt from me so I couldn't remember how much it was.

I went to another McDonald's restaurant one mile away and ordered exactly the same thing and it was almost a dollar more in price.    How did I know?  Well, I paid almost a dollar more for the same order than they gave me back in cash at the first restaurant.

You following me here?

So I got all huffed up and drove back to the first McDonald's to demand the rest of my change and that is where I learned that because they are owned by different entities the pricing is not the same and she showed me my original receipt.

I was stunned!

So, I backtracked and apologized and thanked them for being so kind given my initial attitude and I came home and ate my food and my pride.

What little things have you learned about pricing among companies branded the same?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes our pride is a little hard to swallow but that's what it takes to humble ourselves.Bless your heart

    ReplyDelete